Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reason for wishing to run as Independent

I believe my views do not fit in with any of the current political parties. I am not a believer in large government with large taxes, but I also do not believe in people feeling like they own everything. The laws to owning property and treating spouses as such is not either.

I don't think government should interupt into the lives of people who wish to achieve their dreams and people should not be overtaxed. The preservation of the environment is, and should be, of concern, and people should always strive to make the environment around them as much to the way the like it as possible, but I also do not believe that govenment and leaders should be putting limitations on how people use the resources they have at their disposal in order to earn.

No you should not be able to shoot someone who comes onto "your" property to steal something, but they should be arrested and questions as to the reason for their disrespect.

I believe the universe is ultimately in control and we are only working to maintain balance in something complex. I believe the role of a successfull politician is to mediate and seek out what is best for the largest amount of people so sooth out the sores and frictions as people seek out their free will.


I believe this is a kind of new way of thinking and that is why I do not fit into the categories. The PC's say they are for les taxes, and then they undergo huge infrusturcture projects giving contracts to construction companies while at the other end of the spectrum the NDP thinks it is only up to government to take care of people and the environment and free will is not sufficient for this. The Liberals just take polls and find the middle, which isn't bad, but all the people and polls are never really a real cross section of the people.


These are my reasons for running as an Independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment